Cheick Kongo was originally scheduled to face former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira last month. Instead, Kongo defeated Shawn Jordan in a bout that he had to fight through several injuries to survive.
In a recent interview with the Brazilian news outlet Tatame, Kongo said he would like nothing more than another chance to face Nogueira. The UFC is scheduled to return to Brazil this October, and adding Nogueira to an already-stacked card would be the icing on the cake.
"I wish he could be my next opponent," Kongo said. "'Minotauro' is a legend. I wish him a good and fast recovery. I can't wait to fight against him."
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline