UFC heavyweights Cheick Kongo and Stefan Struve have been playing matchmaker over Twitter, as the two appear willing opponents for each other. Kongo recently declined a bout with Roy Nelson citing not enough time to prepare.
"It would be very exciting 4 the fans & a great challenge for both of us," Kongo replied to Struve in regards to facing each other. "UFC 156. Let's do it!"
Struve answered back with, "I'm in! Great fight for sure, let's see if they got a spot left for us then!"
UFC 156: Aldo Vs. Edgar is set for February 2. The card is slated to feature UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva, and Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
Kongo (17-8-2) has gone 4-1-1 in his last six, including a victory over Shawn Jordan earlier this year. Struve (25-5) has won each of his last four, and is 6-1 in his last seven fights overall.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.