One thing that didn't go overlooked when news that UFC 151 would be cancelled was the concern by the remaining fighters in terms of competing and receiving a check. Charlie Brenneman, who was set to take on Kyle Noke on the prelim portion of the event, took to Twitter to make his complaint.
"(Jon Jones) u can send my check to PO box 198. EH NJ," Brenneman wrote. "Rent is due the first, so preferably by then. Thanks."
Jones turned down a replacement fight with Chael Sonnen that would have kept the September 1 event on the calendar. Dan Henderson, the original main event opponent for Jones, was forced to pull out with a knee injury.
UFC president Dana White mentioned during a conference call that there would likely be plenty of backlash from other fighters and MMA fans towards Jones for his decision to turn down facing Sonnen on short notice.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.