In his first fight after being released by the UFC, Charlie Brenneman (15-5) will officially drop down to lightweight. It will be the first time he fights outside of the welterweight class.
Brenneman was released from the promotion following a 45 second TKO loss to Kyle Noke (20-6-1) at UFC 152. The loss dropped his UFC record to 4-4.
On Brenneman's official website, he said he will meet Eric Irvin (5-2) on January 19 from Altoona, PA. Brenneman will be making his Valley Fight League return where he was 3-0 before signing with the UFC in 2010.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.