Charlie Brenneman (15-4) was supposed to fight this past Saturday on the now defunct UFC 151 card and when he heard it was cancelled, he went to Twitter to berate the man he felt was responsible in Jon Jones (16-1). Now Paul Bradley (20-4) has come out swinging against Brenneman saying he did the same to him in 2011.
Bradley states that he offered to fight Brenneman as a last minute replacement for the injured TJ Grant (18-5), but Brenneman opted not for the fight.
Brenneman fired back at Bradley with a tweet earlier today backing his reasoning because the two were in different weight classes.
To clarify, i did turn down a fight once. Reason, it was out of my wt class. Two days later, i fought rick story.
Brenneman would go on to defeat Rick Story (14-5).
The twitter fight between the two has since stopped.
- Michael Bisping On Possible Light Heavyweight Return
- Report: Frank Mir-Daniel Cormier Set For November 3
- Daniel Cormier Says Tim Sylvia's Name Was Among Those Discussed For Strikeforce Fight
- Jose Aldo Involved In Accident, Escapes With No Serious Injuries
- Renato "Babalu" Sobral Slated For Bellator Debut Next Year
- Bellator Wants More Action From Its Champions Starting In 2013
- Jon Jones Doesn't Care If You Hate Him
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.