Charles Oliveira earned his second consecutive submission victory, forcing Jonathan Brookins to tap at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale Friday night. Oliveira has won both his fights since dropping down the featherweight.
Following a slide that saw him lose to Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone, Oliveira (16-2) decided to move to featherweight. The decision has proven to be perfect, as he tapped Eric Wisely earlier this year in the first round, and locked in a guillotine choke on Brookins in the second.
"This is my house, and this is my family," Oliveira said. "I love it here. (145 pounds) is my division.)
Brookins, a former winner of The Ultimate Fighter, is now just 2-2 in his UFC career and 13-5 overall.
- UFC Veteran Jay Hieron Discusses His Role In Martin Kampmann’s Training Camp
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Discusses Winning Tournament, Future Plans
- Martin Kampmann Wants Title Shot Or Johny Hendricks Next
- Pros Pick Forrest Griffin Vs. Tito Ortiz 3
- Scott Coker Says Rousey-Cyborg Is Inevitable
- Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker Didn’t Foresee Daniel Cormier’s Ascension
- Blagoi Ivanov Released From Hospital
- Jon Fitch Out Of Planned Bout With Aaron Simpson
- "TUF: The Smashes" Will Feature Welterweights, Lightweights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.