So much for Chan Sung Jung stepping in and facing UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo in the near future. According to a report by MMAFighting.com, "The Korean Zombie" has elected to undergo shoulder surgery, forcing him to the sidelines and off the November UFC card in China.
The report said that UFC officials had asked Jung to compete in Macau, China on November 10, but the fighter elected to fix his injury instead. Jung was advised before defeating Dustin Poirier to have surgery, but pushed it back to win his third consecutive fight inside the Octagon.
Since defeating Poirier, Jung has tried to make his case for a shot at Aldo. Currently, Aldo is set to meet Erik Koch later this year, likely in Brazil at UFC 153, though nothing has been made official.
- Return To Japan In Early 2013 For The UFC, According To Report
- Middleweight Move Remains On Mind Of Rashad Evans
- Shane Carwin Focusing On TUF, Warns Roy Nelson "This Is Not A Joke"
- Strikeforce/Showtime Have Deals With Fighters Such As Rousey, Melendez, Rockhold
- Video: Highlights From Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Improve After Fending Off Tim Kennedy
- Tyron Woodley Feels Like He'll Grow From Loss To Nate Marquardt
- Scott Coker Says No Melendez-Thomson IV In The Works
- Luke Rockhold Withstands Tim Kennedy, Defends Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.