In their first meeting -- which took place at UFC 117 in 2010 -- Silva rallied from a four and a half round deficit to come back and submit Sonnen, stopping him from his ultimate goal of winning a world title just moments away from the end of the fight. This time around, Sonnen has no intentions of letting Silva pull off the victory; he's adamant that he'll have his hand raised at the end of the night, no matter how the fight plays out.
"Make it a boxing match, I'll find a way to win. Make it a kickboxing match, I'll find a way to win. I'm not gonna play a dance off with him, but if he wants to make it a combative man's sport, I'll do it," said Sonnen, the middleweight with the mouth. "Make it a jiu-jitsu match, make it a wrestling match, make it an MMA fight -- it doesn't matter. He doesn't have anything that I as an athlete won't conquer. I am a competitor. I will find a way to win like I always do."
Sonnen will get his chance at redemption on July 7, when he and Silva meet in the main event of UFC 148, which will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Chael Sonnen Will Find A Way To Win Against Silva
- Video: Anderson Silva Channels Inner Michael Jackson For Rolling Stone Cover
- Tito Ortiz Pegs Jon Jones As The Man To Break His Title Run Record
- Dos Santos' Manager Says UFC 152 Too Early For Velasquez Rematch
- Jason Miller Critiques Chael Sonnen's Promos
- Benson Henderson Eying Anderson Silva's Record
- Dana White Still Wants To See Frankie Edgar At 145 Lbs.
- Forrest Griffin Says He'll Retire "From Life" If He Loses To Tito Ortiz
- Video: "UFC 150" Kickoff Press Conference
- Mike Pierce Has Recent Win Changed To Unanimous Decision
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.