Chael Sonnen, never one to ignore a media request, told TMZ that former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson needs to be mindful of new UFC fighter Ronda Rousey. While Rousey's camp as denied news of her signing with the promotion, that didn't stop Sonnen from taking a shot at Jackson.
"Looks like Mitt Romney has a new favorite fighter and 'Rampage' Jackson has another opponent he can't beat," Sonnen told the popular gossip site. "I'd like to congratulate Ronda Rousey on becoming a pioneer in this sport. It's well deserved and overdue."
TMZ broke the news last week that Rousey had signed a UFC contract and that Strikeforce was finished after a January card. Neither of those have been confirmed by any MMA source or member of Zuffa to date.
Sonnen is currently filming The Ultimate Fighter opposite UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Rousey is the Strikeforce 135-pound champion, but has not been added to the upcoming Strikeforce card.
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.