Sonnen, who recently finished up filming for The Ultimate Fighter, is scheduled to meet Jon Jones for the UFC title in April.
However, with the show expected to air over the next few months beginning this January, that gives Sonnen ample time to continue to do what he does best: stir up controversy.
After posting a message on Twitter late Saturday night that said he "Heard a great rumor today....," Sonnen let the cat out of the bag on Sunday.
A guy on the ROSTER is DUCKING FIGHTS until his contract expires!For legal reasons,I can't say his name, but it rhymes with JENTON QUACKSON!
Jackson is set to face Glover Teixeira in late January at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson. The bout was rescheduled from earlier this year after Jackson was forced out with an injury.
It is the final fight on Jackson's UFC contract, and he has stated his desire to leave the promotion.
- Bellator Counters UFC’s Contract For Eddie Alvarez
- Jason Lambert And Hector Ramirez Added To Bellator 85
- Pat Healy’s Strikeforce Opponent Finally Revealed
- Paige VanZant Couldn’t Resist Invicta FC’s Offer
- UFC Hall Of Famer Dan Severn Retires
- Lucas Martins Tabbed To Face Edson Barboza At UFC On FX 7
- Bellator And Paul Daley Reach An Agreement
- Bobby Voelker Excited To Make UFC Debut Vs. Patrick Cote
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.