Chael Sonnen decided to take a different approach from that of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. With filming for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter complete, Jones has actually had some nice words to say about Sonnen.
Well, while part of the Fuel TV team Thursday night, Sonnen decided to take a shot at "Bones."
"They bring me in and I totally misunderstood what I was supposed to do. I'm supposed to coach a bunch of amateurs in this house, but I thought I was supposed to coach Jon Jones," Sonnen said. "I was hitting him in the nose with a newspaper like a little puppy. After a few days, they finally told me I wasn't supposed to coach him."
Jones has said in recent interviews that the Sonnen he met and the Sonnen that promotes fights are two different people. The season begins airing in January, while the two are scheduled to face off in April.
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.