Of course, Sonnen also said the same thing countless times towards UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and that ended with Sonnen on the mat and Silva having his hand raised - twice.
Jones successfully defended his title Saturday night for the fourth time, defeating another ex-UFC champion in Vitor Belfort. "Bones," however, likely suffered damage to his arm after Belfort locked him in an armbar early in the first round.
Last week, Jones said he didn't grant Sonnen the title fight at UFC 151 because he didn't feel he was deserving of another title shot. Sonnen responded via Twitter on Sunday.
— chael sonnen (@sonnench) September 23, 2012
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.