Former UFC featherweight contender Chad Mendes will now face Yaotzin Meza, according to a report by MMAWeekly.com. Meza replaces Hacran Dias, who was forced out of the UFC On FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson bout scheduled for Friday night from Australia.
Meza (18-7) will be making his UFC debut. He is a training partner of current UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson and trains with Jamie Varner in Arizona at the MMA Lab.
Mendes is coming off a victory over Cody McKenzie that got him back on track following a knockout loss to UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo.
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.