Chad Mendes has sent out a release in regards to the allegations of punching a person in public at a bar recently. Mendes is being sought by police in regards to the incident.
Through his management promotion, MMA Inc., Mendes has issued the following statement. Thanks to MMAWeekly.com for the release:
On Friday afternoon, Chad Mendes was shocked and surprised by the allegations contained in an article published on an Internet news site. While Chad acknowledges that an incident occurred last Saturday in Hanford, he contends that the majority of the facts pertaining to him in the story are absolutely false.
Attempts were immediately made by Chad's representatives to contact personnel at the Sheriff's Department on Friday afternoon. Despite these repeated attempts, Chad's representatives have not received any response from the Sheriff's Department as of the time of this release.
Chad denies any wrongdoing and is very upset by the allegations contained in the story. He will fully cooperate with the Sheriff's Department and looks forward to clearing his name.
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.