In one of the more one-sided matchups in recent history, Chad Mendes stopped Cody McKenzie in just thirty one seconds. Mendes retired McKenzie with vicious ground and pound at UFC 148 to rebound after a failed title shot against Jose Aldo.
"We knew we needed to come up with something to defeat Cody," explained Mendes. "It was definitely something we were working on. He's got a long body and we took advantage of it."
"Money" was able to catch a kick from McKenzie before finishing his turtled up opponent with a series of hammer fists. McKenzie known for his guillotine, dubbed the "McKenzietine", had no chance to capitalize on his strength as he loses his first fight at featherweight.
Mendes advances to 12-1 while McKenzie falls to 13-3.
- Video: UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao Preview
- Video: Preview For UFC On FUEL: Munoz Vs. Weidman Main Event
- Forrest Griffin Talks Running From Octagon, Why He Returned
- Anderson Silva Jokes About His Next Opponent
- Dan Henderson Ready, Willing To Stop The Jon Jones Train
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.