It might not have been as fan-friendly as wanted, but C.B. Dollaway picked up a decision victory over Jason "Mayhem" Miller Saturday night at UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir.
Dollaway was able to survive a series of vicious Miller strikes, as "Mayhem" seemed to suffer a knee injury when Dollaway registered a first round takedown.
"The game plan was to stand and trade with him, and go for the takedowns when they were there," Dollaway said. "He hurt me in the second round."
Dollaway was coming off hip surgery to repair a torn labrum, adding, "this wasn't an easy fight to take," in his return. He had over 10 minutes of ground control in teh three-round bout.
Miller, who lost to Michael Bisping last year after a stint on The Ultimate Fighter as a coach, has not won a fight since 2010.
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Fight Night Bonuses
- UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Frank Mir No Match For Junior Dos Santos And His Boxing
- Statement Made By Cain Velasquez With Stoppage Of Antonio Silva
- UFC 146: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio Silva
- Roy Nelson Drops Dave Herman With One Punch KO
- UFC 146: Roy Nelson Vs. Dave Herman
- Stipe Miocic Remains Undefeated, Deals Shane Del Rosario His First Career Loss In Process
- UFC 146: Stipe Miocic Vs. Shane Del Rosario
- Stefan Struve Puts His Submission Skills On Display Again Vs. Lavar Johnson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.