"I love kind of being the spoiler," said Condit on The MMA Hour. "I was the spoiler in the Nick Diaz-Georges St Pierre scenario. Now I get to play that role again."
At UFC 143, Condit ended Nick Diaz's (26-8-1 NC) 11 fight win streak to become the interim welterweight champion. Diaz's was originally supposed to fight the champion St-Pierre, but he pulled out of the fight with an ACL injury that has sidelined him for the past 18 months. While some may see St-Pierre as the favorite because he's fighting in his home country in his return to the Octagon, Condit is not worried.
"It doesn't bug me, if anything it motivates me," said Condit. "The fact that I'm kind of being looked past, it kind of puts a little bit of a fire under my a**."
Condit and St-Pierre will headline UFC 154 on November 17, where the welterweight championship will be unified.
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.