The end result was not the one Carlos Condit was hoping for Saturday night at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit, but the former interim UFC welterweight champion knows he can grow from his decision defeat to Georges St-Pierre.
Condit had GSP hurt in the third round following a perfectly-executed head kick, but St-Pierre recovered and controlled "The Natural Born Killer" in his first fight back since early 2011.
"I definitely have some improvements, but this is the kind of fight you learn from," said Condit, on the Fuel TV post-fight show. "We will re-evaluate and we'll see what the UFC has in store for me and hopefully I can go out there and continue to entertain."
Condit won the interim title earlier this year, defeating Nick Diaz for his fifth-straight since since a 2009 loss to Martin Kampmann. GSP told Condit inside the Octagon after the 25-minute war that he was the toughest opponent he's ever faced.
"I left it all in there," Condit said. "There is definitely some improvement that needs to be made, but I'm glad I went in there and gave a good fight."
- Eddie Yagin Released From Hospital, On The Road To Recovery
- Gray Maynard Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Greg Jackson Doesn't Believe He Would Have Made A Difference In Carlos Condit-GSP Fight
- Referee Explains Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Decision
- Bristol Marunde: TUF Guy And Superhero
- Rashad Evans: Georges St-Pierre Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- TUF Ratings Drop Following Strong Week
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.