Interim UFC welterweight champion Carlos Condit is just hours away from the biggest match of his career, as he tangles with Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. The two will meet for the unified 170-pound title.
So, how is Condit handling the incredible amount of pressure set before him? As calm as ever it would appear.
"I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be," said Condit, during the weigh-in show on Fuel TV Friday. "I'm going to eat and drink, relax, and keep my head straight."
After scoring the interim title with a decision victory over Nick Diaz, "The Natural Born Killer" has been anxiously awaiting the return of GSP.
"This fight is basically the culmination of a long-time training, a lot of hard work," Condit said. "You know, I haven't only been thinking about fighting Georges for the last year, but I've been thinking about fighting Georges my entire career. I am extremely excited to put on a good fight for the Montreal fans."
- GSP Had Carlos Condit Defeating Nick Diaz Earlier This Year
- Bellator 81 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Semifinals Made Official
- Jon Fitch-Demian Maia Added To UFC 156 Card
- Royce Gracie Backtracks On Shane Carwin Comments
- Matt Mitrione Will Face Roy Nelson At TUF 16 Finale
- Mike Mucitelli: No Room In MMA For Bullies Like Dan McGuane
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.