Feels good to be back in the win column doesn't it? Never mind this whole defending the lead business. The Canucks took full control of this game from about the second period forward and cruised to a 5-2 victory. No bias here, but I think the difference was having Bieksa back in the lineup. All that and more in the We've Got Twins five thoughts:
1. Bieksa's return sparks the team: The Canucks have now won 100% of their games following Bieksa's return to the lineup. A small sample size, but you can't argue with the results. The two games they had to play without Bieksa they surrendered twelve goals and lost both games. Coincidence? I think not. B3 made his mark on this game early absolutely rocking Anze Kopitar in the first. Sure he got a penalty on the play, but the tone was set.
2. Raymond adjusting nicely-ish to playing centre: Things may not have gone well in the faceoff circle (he went 1-8), but other than that his first game at centre was great. He shifted momentum in the Canucks favour with his goal midway through the second. It was a beauty of a shot sending the puck top corner in the opposite direction that he was skating in. Here's to hoping he gets that whole faceoffs thing down. Heard it comes in handy when playing center.
3. Swingin' Sestito: They say first impressions are everything, and I think recently acquired winger Tim Sestito left a good one with Vancouver. He rocked Colin Fraser in the Kings zone and answered the bell when Jordan Nolan challenged him in Vancouver's. It was a great tilt and I'm giving the decision to Sestito. 10-8 I'd say.
4. Oh Ballard, where art thou? To the shock of many Keith Ballard was made a healthy scratch before tonight's game. This of course would shock nobody a year or two ago, but he's been playing relatively well this season. This one is a bit of a head scratcher. Could a trade be in the works? My bet's on Ballard to Florida for Stephen Weiss.
5. Sedinery on full display: How good are the Sedins? Well, they combined for three points, one goal two assists, and a plus-4 on the night. The highlight of the night has to be Henrik undressing Kopitar and Doughty in the same shift. Henrik was also all kinds of funny on After Hours with Craig Simpson and Scott Oake. Will have a video posted shortly.
You can follow the We've Got Twins blog: @WeveGotTwins and find more Canucks info and analysis at We've Got Twins.