With 10 days until Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine, Pat Healy (28-16) finally has an opponent in Kurt Holobaugh (7-0).
Healy was originally slated to meet lightweight titleholder Gilbert Melendez (21-2) on the card, before the champion pulled out due to his shoulder still being injured. Jorge Masvidal (23-7) was the next name, but also pulled out citing a back injury. Conor Heun (9-5) was rumored to face Healy next, although that fight never materialized.
Healy is 6-1 while under the Strikeforce banner. He defeated Caros Fodor (7-2) and Mizuto Hirota (14-5-1) last year. Holobaugh will be making his Strikeforce debut. In 2012, Holobaugh earned three submission wins out of FFC and XFC.
The two meet on the preliminary card, which airs on Showtime Xtreme. It will be the final Strikeforce show and takes place January 12 from the Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.