UFC Tonight analyst Kenny Florian knows what it is like to go 25 minutes with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. Before he retired from fighting, Florian was paired up with Aldo, who will make his next title defense in 2013 against Frankie Edgar.
Edgar, a former UFC lightweight champion, moved down to the division after a recent decision loss to Benson Henderson for the belt. The two were expected to meet earlier this month, but an injury knocked "Scarface" out.
So, will Edgar have "The Answer" when he steps inside the Octagon in February with Aldo? Here's what Florian had to say:
"If there is one guy who can do it, it is Edgar," Florian said. "He has the speed to get in and out with his boxing."
Florian added that, "These are the top 145-pounders. Even though Edgar hasn't fought at 145, he should be there. This is a fight that everyone wants to see."
- Kenny Florian: Frankie Edgar Has A Chance Vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem An Undeserving Challenger, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White Guarantees Anderson Silva-Jon Jones Will Happen
- Jon Jones Brings In Frank Mir As Part Of TUF Coaching Staff
- Another Change To UFC 154 Fight Card Results In John Maguire-Matt Riddle
- Chris Weidman Confirms He Is Safe, House Hit Hard By Storm
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.