UFC president Dana White has decided what to do with Cain Velasquez at next month's UFC 146 card. The former UFC heavyweight champion will face Antonio Silva, White confirmed on Twitter Sunday afternoon.
"Don't believe any of the BS you read on the internet. Cain is fighting Bigfoot Silva May 26th in Vegas," White posted.
That means Roy Nelson is currently without an opponent, as the fight-switching continues for the all-heavyweight main card. Nelson was originally set to face Silva.
All of this comes after Alistair Overeem was removed from the main event with Junior dos Santos in a match for the UFC heavyweight title. Frank Mir took Overeem's place, and Silva will take Mir's place against Velasquez.
The Mir-Velasquez bout was set to determine a No. 1 contender in the division, but it remains to be seen if the Silva-Velasquez bout will carry the same importance.
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Prelims And Bellator 66
- Video: Jim Miller Brews Beer To Relax
- Cruz Vs. Faber Stays On UFC 148 Card
- Hector Lombard's UFC Signing Imminent
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
- Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Now Main Event Of "UFC 148"
- Unbeaten Prospects Stipe Miocic, Shane Del Rosario To Meet At "UFC 146"
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At UFC 146
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
- Silva-Sonnen Rematch May Not Be In Brazil, Announcement Shortly
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Primetime And TUF: Live Episode 7
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Fighter Salaries
- Video: Wanderlei Silva UFC 147 Video Blog
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.