Luiz Dorea, the head trainer for UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos, doesn't believe Cain Velasquez is prepared to face "Cigano" a second time. The two heavyweights are currently set to compete in the main event UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II in December.
Dos Santos dropped Velasquez late in 2011, scoring a first round victory over the champion at the time and securing the belt. Dorea explained to Sherdog.com recently that it's too early for a second meeting.
"Cain is a great athlete, no doubt, but he made a mistake by asking for this rematch so soon," Dorea said. "Even though he is coming off a victory (over Antonio Silva), he was knocked out (by dos Santos). He'll have to risk closing the distance against 'Cigano,' who is even better trained than that first fight. I think he made a huge mistake."
Dos Santos successfully defended his title earlier this year over Frank Mir on the same night as the Velasquez-Silva contest.
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.