It been over a year since Cain Velasquez (10-1) lost the heavyweight champion to Junior dos Santos (15-1) and now the former champion is more determined than ever to regain the gold.
"I will win this fight because I'm the best man," said Velasquez. "I'm hungry and I want my belt. My goal is to take the belt and keep it. I'll prove I'm the best when I get my belt back."
After Santos knocked out Velasquez both men have fought once and it was on the same show. Santos retained his title against Frank Mir (16-6) in round two and Velasquez bloodied Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (17-4) to a stoppage at UFC 146.
Santos vs. Velasquez will have their UFC heavyweight championship rematch at UFC 155, 13 months after their first encounter. It will be the final UFC fight of the year and takes place December 29 from Las Vegas.
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.