Following weigh-ins, Velasquez was asked by Fuel TV why he got in the face of dos Santos, to which he replied, "To let him know I am coming after him. If someone puts a fist in my face, I am going to do it right back to him. That is my mentality."
Velasquez was defeated in the first round by "Cigano" back in 2011, but rebounded to earn a rematch by devastating Antonio Silva. The former NJCAA national wrestling champion has envisioned his hand being raised many different ways this evening.
"A knockout, TKO, submission, a five-round grueling fight," Velasquez said. "Every time with my hand raised."
- Video: Max Holloway's Blog For UFC 155, Day Two
- UFC 155 Weigh-In Results: Dos Santos, Velasquez Make It Official
- Anderson Silva Willing To Accept Bout With Michael Bisping, Close To Signing Extension
- Fabricio Werdum In Position To Secure UFC Title Shot With Win Over Minotauro Nogueira In 2013
- UFC 155 Predictions From FightLine.com Staff
- TUF: Mexico Next On The Agenda For UFC
- Mike Goldberg Off UFC 155, Replaced By Jon Anik
- Rose Namajunas Reflects On What Invicta FC Brings To MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.