Former WEC light heavyweight champion Brian Stann is returning to 205 pounds, but it will be a one-time thing. Stann will face Wanderlei Silva in the main event at UFC on Fuel TV 8 in March from Japan.
"I am not moving to LHW, just one fight, couldn't find a match up at 185," Stann posted on Twitter after news of the fight was revealed. "Everyone is matched up or hurt in top 10 & Wand doesn't want to cut."
Stann (12-5) is 6-4 in his UFC career, including losses to Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping. Silva (34-12) is a former PRIDE champion in Japan, and has pushed for a bout in the country since news of the UFC's return to was public.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.