Brian Stann rocked Michael Bisping in the first round Saturday night, but "The All-American" was unable to finish, and eventually wound up on the wrong end of a decision at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
Stann lost for just the second time since moving down to middleweight, as he was also defeated by Chael Sonnen in a fight last year. The former WEC light heavyweight champion was told my one credible source that he thought Stann was the winner Saturday.
"Dana (White) came back after the fight and told me he thought I won the fight," said Stann, in an interview on Fuel TV. "Of course, I am going to be biased - I was in there and I thought I won. I have to take an analytical view. I knew it was going to be close, but I thought I won the fight."
Stann delivered a huge right-hand that put Bisping on dream street for a short time, but "The Count" was able to re-group and controlled the final two rounds of action. Bisping continually took Stann down, negating his powerful strikes and doing enough damage in the eyes of the judges.
As for what is next for Stann, he believes he is still capable of putting together a solid win streak and getting back into contention, saying, "I don't think I go back to fighting the up-and-comers. I think if I get two big wins in a row, I can get right back to a fight that means something."
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.