During a recent appearance on HDNet's Inside MMA, Stann discussed his bout against the 34-year-old UFC debutant, asserting that, whatever the outcome, the fans can expect violence without worrying about being let down.
"They want guaranteed violence and they know they're gonna get that with a fight between me and Hector," Stann said. "Fighting Hector Lombard, he's absolutely a tough guy, he's probably the heaviest handed guy I've ever faced, he's a different body style with his Judo and his wrestling mix -- he's a different kind of guy. But, I'm also a lot better. I actually trained with Chael [Sonnen] last week and was able to see the amount of improvements I've made.
"This is a fight where I think a lot of people are counting me out, a lot of people are talking an awful lot about him and forgetting what I'm capable of doing and I enjoy that, I like that," he continued. "This is the biggest fight of my career right now. A win here puts me at the elite level, gets me back into title contention and basically the same thing is on the line for him."
UFC on Fox 4 goes down on August 4 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- New Main Event Announced For UFC On FOX
- Ian McCall Talks Training And Upcoming Rematch With Demetrious Johnson
- Mark Munoz Remains Diplomatic In Pick For Silva Vs Sonnen II
- Fabricio Werdum Feeling Confident Ahead Of Bout With Mike Russow
- Brian Stann Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 4 Main Event
- Dana White Breaks Down Pacquiao-Bradley
- Nate Marquardt Says He's Off Of TRT
- Brian Stann Guarantees Violence Against Hector Lombard
- Rory MacDonald Talks "Exciting" Prospect Of Facing B.J. Penn
- Mike Pyle On His Impending War With Josh Neer
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.