Brian Stann knew it was bad when it happened. While working out at Jackson's MMA, Stann was working with Shawn Jordan when Jordan landed on his shoulder, causing a separation and knocking him out of a planned bout with Hector Lombard at UFC on FOX 4.
Stann feels like he will be on the sidelines for two months after the injury. Lombard has since been moved to a fight with Tim Boetsch at UFC 148.
"Shawn and I were in the cage and he went for a hip throw and he landed on my shoulder; all 275 pounds of him," said Stann, while appearing on FUEL TV recently. "I think he slipped. It happened. You know you could hear the crack right away."
Stann was looking to build on his recent victory over Alessio Sakara that came following a loss to Chael Sonnen last year. He confirmed a grade-two separation of the right AC joint.
- "UFC On FX 3: Johnson Vs. McCall 2" Ratings
- Erik Koch Aims To Wait It Out While Jose Aldo Recovers
- Martin Kampmann Talks Stoppage In Bout With Jake Ellenberger
- Ticket Sale Round Up: "UFC: Nottingham" And UFC 150 On Sale Soon
- "UFC: Nottingham" Set For September 29
- Demetrious Johnson Talks Victory Over Ian McCall
- Video: "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Trailer
- Carlos Condit Responds To Interim Title Criticism
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Said He'd "Rather Be Cut" Than Fight Glover Teixeira
- UFC Approached Rory MacDonald About Fight With BJ Penn
- Urijah Faber Disappointed In Move To "UFC 149"
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"