The UFC sticks together, and that is never more evident than during a time of need. Chris Weidman, a middleweight contender, recently went through Hurricane Sandy along with the rest of the East Coast.
According to a message posted on Twitter by Ryan Bader Tuesday, Weidman suffered extensive damage to his home as the storm hit the New York-area. Millions are without power after high winds, extreme rain and even snow hit the area.
Brian Stann, a fellow member of the UFC's 185-pound division, has offered to help Weidman with anything the fighter might need for wife and kids.
@chrisweidmanufc I have kids and we have some extra stuff, car seats, toys etc. Let me know if I can assist during your fam's recovery
— Brian Stann (@BrianStann) October 31, 2012
- Kenny Florian: Frankie Edgar Has A Chance Vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem An Undeserving Challenger, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White Guarantees Anderson Silva-Jon Jones Will Happen
- Jon Jones Brings In Frank Mir As Part Of TUF Coaching Staff
- Another Change To UFC 154 Fight Card Results In John Maguire-Matt Riddle
- Chris Weidman Confirms He Is Safe, House Hit Hard By Storm
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.