Brian Stann has reached the championship-level, having worn the WEC light heavyweight title. Saturday night, at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort, Stann can work his way closer to a future UFC middleweight championship match with a win over Michael Bisping.
Stann and Bisping will be part of the main card on pay-per-view from Toronto. "The All-American" is 4-1 since moving to 185 pounds, with his lone loss coming to Chael Sonnen.
During the weigh-ins on Friday, Bisping faked a quick jab to the stomach of Stann, and the two fighters exchanged a strong hand shake and several head nods before separating.
"We both want to deliver," Stann said. "There has been some negativity about the UFC because of a card being canceled. We are going to go out there and do our best to become champion (down the road)."
Stann responded to all the talk of "The Count" being the betting favorite, saying, "I am here to win. I don't care how many people are saying the odds are against me. I will show everybody my skill set tomorrow night."
- Dana White Returns With A Video Blog Featuring UFC 150
- Video: UFC 152: Jones Vs. Belfort Post-Fight Press Conference At 1:30 AM ET/10:30 PM PT
- Chuck Liddell Picks Jon Jones To Retain Against Vitor Belfort
- Brian Stann Sees Several Names Ahead Of His In The Middleweight Division
- Anthony Johnson Picks Up Third Consecutive Victory
- TUF Episode 2 Recap: Team Carwin Strikes First
- Rashad Evans Talks Facing Vitor Belfort, Drop To Middleweight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline