It was evident from the action that something was not right with Brett Rogers recently at Bellator 75. Rogers lost a decision to Alexander Volkov, knocking the former Strikeforce contender out of the heavyweight tournament.
Rogers, in an interview with MiddleEasy.com, revealed that he did suffer a broken arm early in the fight with Volkov. "Da Grim" continued to fight through the pain, but was unable to use his right arm at all.
"I was really unsure of what happened to my arm. I didn't really know until about the third round that it was broken," Rogers said. "It was a surreal moment for me. I did my part as far as surviving and making it to the decision."
Rogers was released from Strikeforce after a run-in with the law. He signed with Bellator and was expected to contend for the Bellator tourney title - and likely heavyweight belt after it was vacated - but will now be on the sidelines while his arm heals for an extended period of time.
- Forrest Griffin- Bonnar's “Going To Surprise Some People"
- Mark Munoz Eyes February Return, Weidman Rematch
- Pat Barry Forced To Find New Home After Team DeathClutch Folds
- Jens Pulver Dealing With Anxiety, Depression Issues
- Javier Mendez Discusses Opponents For Daniel Cormier
- Stephan Bonnar: "I Am Going To Give Anderson Silva Hell"
- Countdown To UFC 153: Silva Vs. Bonnar Airs This Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.