With two losses in a row, Brendan Schaub (8-3) isn't worried about the outcome of his next fight. Rather, Schaub plans to use it to his advantage.
"In every fight, I feel as if my back is against the wall or I could be fired," said Schaub to Bleacher Report. "But that is why my fighting style is the way it is. I put on exciting fights."
Schaub lost in the finals of The Ultimate Fighter before going on a four fight win streak that included the likes of Mirko Filipovic (27-10-2-1 NC) and Gabriel Gonzaga (13-6). He has only fought twice since August 2011, with both bouts ending with Schaub on the losing end by way of KO in the first round.
Lavar Johnson (17-6) will be standing in his way when the two meet at UFC on FOX 5. The December 8 show takes place from Seattle.
"I think a lot of guys in the heavyweight division are scared of Lavar," said Schaub. "He might be the hardest-hitting fighter in the weight class but that is why I called him out."
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.