Ultimate Fighter runner-up Brendan Schaub was on a roll in the UFC's heavyweight division before Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira knocked him out last year. Now, Schaub is planning on getting back on track against Ben Rothwell next month at UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans.
The card, which takes place on April 21 from Atlanta, will feature a main event between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and No. 1 contender Rashad Evans. While the grudge match is one many have waited months to see, "The Hybrid" believes people will remember his fight with Rothwell once the show is over with.
"I guarantee people walk away from this fight talking about my performance rather than the main event or anyone else on the card," said Schaub, in a recent interview with UFC.com.
Schaub believes he will be the one to finish Rothwell due to his excellent cardio and his striking, saying, "You want to strike? Let's do that. It's going to be a short night."
Schaub and Rothwell will be part of the main card, which will be broadcast live on pay-per-view. For the complete interview with Schaub, check out the video below.
- Video: Ronda Rousey Talks About The Time She Fought In A Movie Theatre
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Two Ratings
- "A Day In The Life Of Jason 'Mayhem' Miller"
- Chael Sonnen's Self-Help Book To Hit Shelves This May
- Bisping-Boetsch, Barao-Hougland Added To UFC 148
- Nate Diaz Deserves Title Shot With Win Over Jim Miller, Says Cesar Gracie
- "UFC 148" Receives Rich Franklin-Cung Le Battle
- Video: Anderson Silva Preps For His Next Fight By Training In Brazil
- Gray Maynard-Clay Guida To Main Event "UFC On FX 3"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.