At Brandon Vera's (12-5-1) next fight, he steps into the Octagon with a new attitude about the sport.
Vera was on Inside MMA Live and shared his thoughts on what to expect from him in his next fight.
"What has changed most is my attitude towards training and what I should have been doing since day one," said Vera.
"I should have been caring and understood the fact that I fight in the UFC, where the greatest fighters from around the world congregate to compete for the number one spot. I didn't treat it like that for a long time. I understand where I'm at now."
On August 4, Vera fights former light heavyweight champion Maurício Rua in the main event of UFC on FOX 4. Dana White has said the next challenger for the light heavyweight champion will be clearer after the shows top two fights.
- Aaron Simpson, Mike Pierce To Do Battle At UFC On FX 5
- Brandon Vera Reveals What He's Been Doing Wrong In Previous Fights
- Miesha Tate Sounds Off On Ronda Rousey's Nude Pictorial In ESPN
- Fox Sports To Introduce Ref Cam For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Mike Swick Finally Set To Return To Action This Saturday Night
- Foot Injury Has Jim Miller Currently On The Sidelines
- Paulo Thiago-Dong Hyun Kim Booked For UFC's China Debut In November
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.