As noted earlier, Brian Stann has been injured and forced out of his planned UFC on Fox 4 main event bout against Hector Lombard.
The UFC announced a new main event for the card; Brandon Vera vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a light-heavyweight clash. Rua has been removed from the UFC 149 card on July 21st in Calgary, where he was scheduled to face Thiago Silva. Silva had to pull out of the fight after suffering an injury.
Vera was also scheduled for a fight in July, as the former UFC heavyweight contender was slated to face James Te Huna at UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman on July 11th. The UFC stated that a new opponent for Te Huna will be named shortly.
- New Main Event Announced For UFC On FOX
- Ian McCall Talks Training And Upcoming Rematch With Demetrious Johnson
- Mark Munoz Remains Diplomatic In Pick For Silva Vs Sonnen II
- Fabricio Werdum Feeling Confident Ahead Of Bout With Mike Russow
- Brian Stann Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 4 Main Event
- Dana White Breaks Down Pacquiao-Bradley
- Nate Marquardt Says He's Off Of TRT
- Brian Stann Guarantees Violence Against Hector Lombard
- Rory MacDonald Talks "Exciting" Prospect Of Facing B.J. Penn
- Mike Pyle On His Impending War With Josh Neer
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.