Brandon Vera informed his fans that he has a fractured in his hand, posting a photo of his left hand in a cast on Facebook. Vera suffered the injury in a loss to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua earlier this month.
"Just found out.... At least no surgery, but I do have a fracture," Vera wrote. "Yes from the fight. Why now? I was hoping the pain would go away. Love to all!"
Vera nearly finished the former champion with an early offensive attack, but was unable to keep the pressure on Rua. "Shogun" ended the fight in the fourth round.
The 34-year-old Vera is now 12-6 with one no-contest in his career.
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.