In an article published at UFC.com, Vera shared his thought process from the fight where Jones would win via TKO in round one. Vera revealed that while Jones was on top of him, he wasn't impressed and was thinking "you f**king suck." This thought was quite brief though.
"Before I finished the word 'suck,' that's when the elbow smashed my face," said Vera. "Mr. Jones is a great fighter and I didn't give him the respect that he deserved during that fight. It was a good lesson learned and I thank him for it and I hate him for it at the same time."
The fight earned Jones Fight of the Night honors and broke Vera's cheek bone in the process.
The UFC article contains several quotes from Vera, where he shares his thoughts on his career and future inside the Octagon.
Vera's next fight is scheduled for August 4 against Maurício Rua, who Jones defeated for the light heavyweight championship in 2011. The fight will headline the UFC on FOX 4 show.
- Phil Davis Still Learning From Loss To Rashad Evans
- Matt Serra Feels Like Chris Weidman Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Wants His Title Back From Jon Jones
- Cesar Gracie: Diaz Fighting Silva Not About Title
- Chris Weidman Has Words For Both Managers Of Anderson Silva
- Roger Gracie Says Fighting Tim Kennedy Would Be "Interesting Fight"
- "Road To The Octagon" Airs On Fox Today, Features Rua, Vera, Bader, Machida Camps
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline