Brad Tavares (9-1) can't wait to be off the UFC preliminary cards and onto the main one. A move to the main card means bigger paychecks for Tavares.
"People talk so much about fighters being preliminary card guys or main-card status, but to me the only difference is how much you get paid," said Tavares to Bleacher Report. "That is a big difference and I do want that main-card status."
Over two years ago Tavares joined the UFC roster. He has had two separate win streaks while under the company's name. His current win streak is at two, last winning a split decision in late September.
All five of Tavares' fights have taken place on the preliminary card. Four of those fights have aired directly on Facebook with his first fight being shown on TV.
Tavares thinks that his time to fight in front of a larger audience will happen soon.
"I want to be on the main card where people will be able to see my fights without having to go on Facebook," said Tavares. "I definitely see myself getting there. I'm young and have a great work ethic. I'm only going to get better."
- "Here Comes The Boom" Falls To Seventh Over Weekend
- TUF Fridays Bounces Back With 811,000 Viewers
- UFC 154 Fight Lineup Confirmed, Four Fights Each To FX, Facebook
- Chad Mendes Has Battery Charge Dropped
- Chris Beal's Secret To Success Is Always Being Ready To Fight
- Daniel Straus Says After Next Fight He Maintains No. 1 Contender Status
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.