Brad Pickett gave the British crowd a reason to celebrate Saturday night, dropping Yves Jabouin with a nasty uppercut and earning the knockout finish Saturday at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic.
"I was putting a lot of pressure on him," Pickett said. "It's a pleasure working with the UFC. Dana White is the best boss I've ever had, and I just want to keep him happy."
White jumped out of his seat when Pickett connected and sent Jabouin down in a round that featured plenty of action. Pickett, nicknamed "One Punch," has now finished each of his last two opponents. This, however, was his first KO since 2008.
"It's not my job to pick the fights," Pickett said. "My job is to do what I did (Saturday). To be honest, I'd like to fight someone ranked above me."
Pickett (22-6) is now 2-1 inside the Octagon and 3-1 overall, with his lone loss coming to current UFC interim champion Renan Barao.
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.