Bobby Green (19-5) has made a name for himself for taking on fights with little notice and much success. Since July 2011, he has fought five times in a row for Strikeforce and is on a four fight win streak.
Green says he takes these fights because he never knows when he's going to get another opportunity.
"I guess I have to do it to show my talents," said Green. "We always have these hurdles we have to jump. I think it's just that God allows me to do it, and I get it done. So if I'm being offered, I'm going to say yeah."
Though he takes these fights at the last minute, he wouldn't mind a longer notice from Strikeforce.
"It's so sudden, they're like, 'Well, we don't even have time to get that locked in,'" said Green. "Then they want to get back to us and think about it. It's not enough time."
For his next opponent, he expressed interest is taking on Ryan Couture (5-1) as he is resentful of his status because his father is UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture. Ryan last fought in July for Strikeforce and is on a three fight win streak.
"He just makes me jealous about how everyone loves him," said Green.
The next fight for either man is unknown.
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.