UFC officials have confirmed a previously reported bout between Bobby Green and Jacob Volkmann for UFC 156: Aldo Vs. Edgar. The event takes place February 2 from Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Green (19-5) will be making his UFC debut after competing in Strikeforce. Green has won his last four, and is 8-2 in his last 10 overall.
Volkmann (15-3) rebounded from his first loss since 2010 by submitting Shane Roller earlier this year. He has posted a 6-3 mark since joining the UFC in 2009.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.