According to a report by MMA Uncensored, the planned welterweight scrap between Rory MacDonald and BJ Penn will now take place in December at UFC on Fox 5. Nate Quarry confirmed during the episode Thursday night that he has been told the fight will go down there instead of at either UFC pay-per-view cards in October or November.
MacDonald was forced out of a planned UFC 152: Benavidez Vs. Johnson meeting with Penn after suffering a deep cut in training that required nearly 40 stitches to heal. MacDonald asked to fight Penn in November at UFC 154, but Penn declined.
Penn, who is coming out of retirement for the fight, wanted to meet MacDonald at UFC 153 in Rio, but it appears will have to settle for UFC on Fox 5 in December, instead. It's unknown if the fight would serve as the headliner or just be a main card attraction.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.