Former UFC champion BJ Penn jumped at the opportunity to return to the Octagon and test his skills against a member of the Tristar Gym. Now, Penn is just days away from doing so vs. Rory MacDonald at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz.
"The Prodigy" appeared on his own radio program, BJPennRadio.com recetly to discuss his desire to battle a Firas Zahabi-trainer fighter. Penn lost to Georges St-Pierre, who also works with Zahabi, twice.
"I wanted to have another match against Tristar and head coach Firas Zahabi," Penn said. "And it's not being done because of any bad blood. I feel like I have more to show them and without a doubt Rory has a lot of hype surrounding him."
Penn is just 1-3-1 in his last five fights, with the win coming via knockout vs. Matt Hughes in 2010. In MacDonald, Penn said, "He's in great condition, he can kick, punch, he can wrestle and he knows how to fight on the ground. Everyone is saying he's going to be one of the top guys, and those are the guys I like to fight."
Penn-MacDonald will be part of the Fox-televised main card from Seattle on December 8.
- Jon Jones Planning To Silence Chael Sonnen Once And For All
- John Moraga-Chris Cariaso Added To UFC 155
- Sam Stout "Annoyed" With John Makdessi And His Remarks
- UFC Fighter Retires Fearing Brain Damage
- Brendan Schaub: My Back Is Against The Wall
- Shogun Rua Auctioning Off Fight Gloves For Charity
- Greg Jackson Never Watching GSP – Carlos Condit Fight
- Glory Looks To Expand, U.S. Debut Targeted
- Additional Fights Announced For Cage Warriors 51
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.