BJ Penn, a former UFC champion who had two epic battles with Frankie Edgar, was a guest recently on MMA Uncensored Live. "The Prodigy" was asked if he felt Edgar deserved an immediate rematch with UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson after losing the title to "Smooth" earlier this year.
"Honestly, I don't think he should have," Penn said (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "He could make the case for it. He gave me a rematch. He had to give Gray (Maynard) the rematch, because they had a draw. I'd like to see Benson Henderson fight Nate Diaz. Fight someone else."
Penn lost the title to Edgar by decision and was granted another fight with "The Answer." And, as Penn mentioned, Edgar was forced to fight Maynard a third time after the two fought to a draw.
Henderson-Edgar II is expected to take place at UFC 150 in August from Denver, Colorado.
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Fight Night Bonuses
- UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Frank Mir No Match For Junior Dos Santos And His Boxing
- Statement Made By Cain Velasquez With Stoppage Of Antonio Silva
- UFC 146: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio Silva
- Roy Nelson Drops Dave Herman With One Punch KO
- UFC 146: Roy Nelson Vs. Dave Herman
- Stipe Miocic Remains Undefeated, Deals Shane Del Rosario His First Career Loss In Process
- UFC 146: Stipe Miocic Vs. Shane Del Rosario
- Stefan Struve Puts His Submission Skills On Display Again Vs. Lavar Johnson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.