Former UFC champion BJ Penn will return from a self-imposed retirement this December to face rising welterweight prospect Rory MacDonald. The two are set to tangle at UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz from Seattle.
This fight, however, was scheduled to have already happened. MacDonald suffered a deep cut in a sparring session and was forced to pull out of the fight. Penn agreed to wait until later in the year to take the fight.
Now, it looks like the two are ready to duke it out - at least over Twitter. MacDonald made a remark recently that resulted in an extended conversation between the two.
"200lbs and (Penn) thinks I care if hes in shape for the fight or not," MacDonald wrote. Penn's account responded with, "Great!!! I (freaking) love knocking out 200 pounders."
You would think it ended there, but the Canadian decided to take it a step further, posting, "(Penn) do u (mean) knockin back quarter pounders? Who r u kidding, certainly not yourself."
Penn replied with, "Quarter pounders?? Really pimple boy? I won't even (rear-naked choke) you...afraid of all the pimples on your back."
So, it appears that these two likely will not be exchanging any pleasantries prior to going to battle inside the Octagon this December.
- TUF Not In "Make-Or-Break" Year According To Dana White
- Clay Guida Adamant He Defeated Gray Maynard
- Shane Carwin, Roy Nelson Official For TUF 16 Finale
- Fine, Suspension For Forrest Griffin Followed Positive Drug Test
- Dana White Laughs Off Bobby Lashley As Daniel Cormier's Opponent
- UFC On Fuel TV 5 Replay Draws Better Ratings Than Original Broadcast
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.