Chael Sonnen doesn't fear UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. "The Spider" went off on Sonnen during a conference call earlier this week, but Sonnen informed ESPN that he isn't concerned with the threats.
"Who gives a damn? He can do all those things," Sonnen said. "But one thing he didn't say is that he's going to beat me. One thing he didn't say he'd break is my will. One thing he didn't say he'd do is win this fight. We'll be in the middle of a cage stupid; I'd expect you to do those things."
Silva was not his usual respectful self, saying he would break Sonnen's arms, legs, face and teeth, and force him to require assistance when exiting the Octagon. The unusual attitude shown by Silva was actually a pleasant surprise for Sonnen.
"Anderson's a (jerk) and he always has been," Sonnen said. "And it came out (Monday); that was nice to see. I've been trying to reveal him for quite a while now, so it's nice when that finally came out."
Silva and Sonnen will face off against each other at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen 2 on July 7 from Las Vegas.
- Jamie Varner Steps Up, Signs On To Face Joe Lauzon At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Video: Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen "It's Personal"
- Video: Chael Sonnen Responds To Anderson Silva
- Anderson Silva, Jon Jones Nominated For ESPY "Fighter Of The Year"
- Miesha Tate Targeted For Fall Return To Action
- Brian Ebersole Calls "TUF: The Smashes" Coaching Job A Dream
- Todd Duffee To Welcome Jeff Monson To Super Fight League
- Video: "The End Of The Road" With Tito Ortiz
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.