After Bernardo Magalhaes (11-3) lost his first two fights for the UFC and was cut from the organization, he looks to rebound when returns to his native country Australia to fight for Proud Warrior Productions (PWP).
Before his UFC debut, Magalhaes was the lightweight champion in Cage Fighting Championship, where he racked up seven wins in his eight fights. Magalhaes stint in the UFC lasted only four months, which consisted of losses to Tim Means (18-3-1) and Henry Martinez (9-2).
Magalhaes will challenge Sonny Brown (5-1), who has been on out of action since January with a back injury. He is on a five fight win streak and hasn't lost since 2009.
The UFC told Magalhaes to secure more wins before they give him another chance.
Magalhaes vs. Brown headlines PWP 5 on September 14 in Cronulla, Sydney.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline