"Smooth" won the belt from Edgar earlier this year at UFC 144 in Japan, scoring a decision victory. Initial reports had Henderson facing Anthony Pettis, but Edgar was granted a rematch.
Edgar was forced into an immediate rematch with B.J. Penn after he won the title. "The Answer" also had a rematch with Gray Maynard following a draw between the two fighters.
UFC 150 will take place from Denver, Colorado's Pepsi Center.
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson For UFC Light Heavyweight Title Going Down September 1
- Video: Jeremy Stephens' Latest UFC On Fuel TV 3 Vlog
- Joe Lauzon Vs. Terry Etim At UFC On Fox 4
- Bellator Inks Wrestling Standout Shanon Slack
- Two Heavyweight Bouts Added To UFC On Fox 4
- Jose Aldo Up For The Challenge Posed By An "Excited" Erik Koch
- "UFC 149: Aldo Vs. Koch" Announcement Presser Notes And Quotes
- Video: UFC 149 Press Conference
- Video: Hector Lombard Appears On "UFC Tonight" To Talk Brian Stann Fight
- Ex-UFC Fighter Chris Lytle Not Voted Into Indiana Senate
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.